Last Update : September 5th 2015
SIGN AND MAKE SIGN THE PETITION ON LINE
Click here below :
The APPHV does not endorse the recent destruction of the measurement mast and formally denies being the instigator. The operator EDF EN and the municipality of Aups are solely responsible for the frustration of the local population with regard to the Wind Farm project which has led to this act.
It is time to halt this project so that tensions may be lessened. Unfortunately, It has taken this unhappy incident to persuade the Mayor of Aups to at last consider consultation with the local population.
We call for the abandonment of this project, to postpone any new installation of a measurement mast and that nothing more should take place before a wider consultation with the population of Aups and the surrounding communes.
We continue to hope that common sense will prevail leading to a more thoughtful approach towards those of us who want to live in a cherished natural setting, far from any industrial intrusion such as this proposed wind farm.
MEASUREMENT TOWER HAS BEEN SET UP IN AUPS !!!!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
The « Association pour la Préservation des Paysages du Haut Var » was created on February the 14th 2015. A large-scale windmill project mobilises us. We are in favour of renewable energies, and we are not against wind energy as such, but we are opposed to this project in le Haut Var, since :
- devastation of our landscapes with all the disastrous consequences on the living environment and tourism, major aliment on our local economy
- the environmental impact on wildlife
- the incoherence of the presence of wind turbines according to the recommendations of the Regional Wind Diagram of PACA
- fallacious financial arguments
- the lack of transparency toward the population
- the absence of real guarantees concerning the decommissioning (will these subsidiaries of multinationals still exist in 40 years )
The points will be developed under the point "the project Aups-Salernes-Villecroze".
LOCAL TOURISM THREATENED
DEPRECIATION OF REAL ESTATE ASSETS
THREAT TO PUBLIC HEALTH
LACK OF TRANSPARENCY & DEMOCRACY
Last Minute News
Article report in Var Matin about our General Assembly on Friday 3rd of July. Click here to read.
Here the report on the news from France 3 broadcasted on the 19th of May that summarizes the position of the mairie d'Aups and the action of the APPHV : click here.
To know which municipalities have voted deliberations against any project of wind turbines in their local area, click here.